Re: compiling times?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: compiling times?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:00:04 +0200

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:
I'm xp celeron 512ram
I am still trying to put together a more complicated score of 7 different instruments including piano.
I took and modified the example in Chapter 3 of the manual
I use jedit to work it out.

But, though I get a log file saying
parsing.......
After 30 minutes nothing else is happening, no .ps or .pdf

I tried to look at the processes to see if I could figure out if compiling was taking place but I couldn't recognize which/what might be lily as nothing seemed to fit.

I'm sure there's a way to find 'mistakes' if that's why there's no output but so far I've not been led by the nose to it.

So please some directions.

#(set-global-staff-sice 20)

it's size not sice. It's strange that you don't get anything in the logfile, though.