Re: Letter page length too long

From: Michael Haynie
Subject: Re: Letter page length too long
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:18:53 -0400

I am using the app version (I'm unable to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.4 for other reasons, so can't use the newest fink, either), so dvips is not involved.

I set the vsize in the paper block, and was able to control the length of the page, so I have a reasonable work around for the basic problem.

However, I'm now convinced that I'm seeing a real bug (though nearly trivial to fix)-- the paper size for letter doesn't account for the required machine borders (typically 1/2" at each margin, for a total reduction of 1"). This might also be true for other paper sizes -- but I'm unable to test those. I looked around in the ly sources for a set of paper definitions, but didn't find anything. Does anyone know where the dimensions for e.g. letter paper are set? I'd guess that 5 minutes with a ruler and that file would allow me to determine the most likely wrong dimension (vsize, at a guess).

thanks.