Getting glyphs.

From: Doug Laidlaw
Subject: Getting glyphs.
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:12:37 +1000

I have Lilypond installed under Mandriva 2006 from the RPMs available for the
distro.

I can create Segno or Coda signs with Noteedit, but Lilypond seems to be
unable to handle them.  An export from Noteedit to Lilypond inserts the
following code for a segno "^\segno".  Lilypond complains about the ^, so I
remove it, but the compilation still fails.

I keep seeing glyphs mentioned.  I have  a
directory /usr/share/cups/data/psglyphs, an
executable /usr/bin/composeglyphs , and a couple of Readmes under Freetype.
Do I perhaps need more fonts?

TIA,

Doug.
--