Re: ps and pdf question

From: Gilles Sadowski
Subject: Re: ps and pdf question
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:05:47 +0100

> > So, I too, would rather have lilypond convert automatically to PS
> > level 2.
>
> You can do this manually, saying
>
>   gs -sDEVICE=pswrite \
>      -dLanguageLevel=2 \
>      -sOutputFile=foo-level2.ps \
>      foo.ps

That's what I'm doing currently.  But I sometimes forget...

> Making LilyPond emit levelĀ 2 is problematic since it relies on levelĀ 3
> features.

There seem to be two users category who participated to this thread:
1. Those who need only the PDF (and suggested to remove the "temporary" PS
   file).
2. Those who wanted to print the PS file on a PS level 2 printer (and
   couldn't because lilypond produces PS level 3.

Couldn't it be possible that the small step you suggest is performed by the
lilypond script? [Just to prevent wasted paper sheets ;-)].

Best,
Gilles