Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:12:53 +0200

Hello again,

I'm trying to rewrite the LSR TimeSig snippet (and probably use it in
my own score):

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=272

The two modifications I want to add are: remove the
Time_signature_engraver instead of using #'transparent, AND get the
time signatures aligned with the barlines without having to use
empirical extra-offset.

This time, I finally got the point about the updated
break-align-symbols syntax, so I'm using it. But...

...it doesn't work either :(

So, what is wrong??

%%% Snippet %%%

\layout{
  \context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \name "TimeSig"
    \override TimeSignature #'font-size = #3
  }
  \context {
    \Score \accepts TimeSig
    \override TimeSignature #'break-align-symbols = #'(staff-bar)

  }

  \context { \Staff
    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

timeSignatures = { \time 2/4 s2 \time 3/4 s2. \time 4/4 s1 }
\score {

<<      \new TimeSig \timeSignatures
        \new Staff \relative { c'2  c2.  c1 }
        \new Staff { a2 a2. a1}