horizontal spacing

From: plasmacarwash
Subject: horizontal spacing
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:53:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody.

I have a problem where when I copy the simple examples in the tutorial my
notes come out spread from one side of the pdf view to the next. It's all
accurate otherwise, but it's s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out.
And not exactly as shown in the tutorial.
I've read much of the "horizontal spacing" topic in the manual but don't
find my particular disorder answered.
I find it hard to believe I have to apply the steps outlined in the
horizontal spacing section everytime I'd like a  normal/typical amount of
spacing for my computer and for my notation (type).
I use just a Notepad text editor.
Should I be using JEdit or some other alternative?
I've researched several ways to phrase this in the search box but haven't
found the key just yet.
Can anyone help get me rolling?

Thank-you.

Sincerely,