Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there...

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there...
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 23:49:50 +0200

On 03.10.2007 (00:19), Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2007/10/2, Eyolf Østrem <address@hidden>:
> > 2. Is there a way to automatize the process? E.g. in Kile, vim, or
>
> You can obtain a reasonable degree of automation using the 'make'
> utility. Search for Marcus Brinkmann, (marcus dot brinkmann at rub dot
> de) for a nice example of how to use it on a complete book (Slave
> Songs of the United States, 1867)

Thanks for the pointer. I had actually downloaded that file when it
was announced, because of the contents, but it most certainly seems
that I will have to look at make.

One problem: it doesn't seem to be possible to use the recommended --output=out
for the
files generated by lilypond-book if it is supposed to be part of a
larger tex file, is that correct?

I have the following structure:

whole-book.tex
chapter1.tex
chapter2.tex
.
.
etc
.
appendix.lytex
out/
     appendix.tex
     loads
     of
     garbage
     and
     eps
     files

If I have \include{out/appendix} in the master file whole-book.tex,
the latex compilation stops, complaining that

    "! I can't find file `lily-c02d2e2f36-systems.tex'."

So I assume that out/ is not searched for files, only ./
It's not that I mind having all the files in the top dir, though, I
was just wondering.

Eyolf
--
   It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool.
                  -- Calvin