Re: Shifting a markup

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Shifting a markup
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:31:36 +0100

2008/1/13, Alasdair McAndrew <address@hidden>:
> I have a time change (from 6/2 to 9/4), and at the time change I have the
> markup:
>
> \markup {
>   \smaller \note #"2" #1 "=" \smaller \note #"2." #1
>   }
>
> above the first note in the new time signature.  But I'd like to shift the
> entire markup to the left and up (ideally, I'd like the = sign to sit over
> the bar line between the two times).  My attempts to move the markup have
> resulted in the three symbols being printed over each other.

Just use something such as

{
  a4 b c d
  \mark \markup {
    % \translate #(cons -1  0 ) % if you really need to
    \smaller \note #"2" #1 "=" \smaller \note #"2." #1
   }
   b1
}

You might also be interested in having a look at
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=204

> What is the correct way of doing such a shift?  I'm using version 2.10.33,
> but I shall upgrade to version 2.11 when I'm back at work in eight days, and
> can afford to download large files!  Or is there a smallish patch to upgrade
> 2.10.33 to 2.11. 37?

Unfortunately not (unless you are willing to compile the whole thing
from sources).

Cheers,
Valentin