Re: Probleme mit Umlauten und Benutzung mit LaTeX

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: Re: Probleme mit Umlauten und Benutzung mit LaTeX
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:52:55 +0100

Ewald Brökel schrieb:
> Hallo,

Hi,

please note: this is a list in English language, so it is unlikely somebody
understood you question. :)

[howto generate german umlauts; TeX notation (\"u, ...) does not work]

Have you ever tried to enter the umlauts directly. At least on my systems this
works straight forward (Tested only for ß, but there is no obvious difference
for ö, ä or ü). It might be of importance to save the sheet as UTF-8, but I'm
not sure about that.

> von MikTeX unter Windows.

Does MikTeX know about multibyte characters? If not, you may have to enter the
ASCII specification of your characters (f.e 129 for ü). I'm not sure about
the syntax, but, you wrote you know TeX very well, so you should be able to
get that right. :-)

--
MfG Jan