Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:52:39 +0100

Am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:
> > In Danish we do not use "-ss" at all. That would be a spelling mistake.
> > We only use the "-is" and "-es" endings (except for es and as, ofcourse).
> > I am pretty convinced that the same is true for German.
>
> Sorry about the confusion. Using Google, I found some Danish and German
> sites that spelled "fiss dur", for example. I should know enough logic to
> realize that a few such examples do not prove that the correct spelling
> is not
> "fis dur". Of course you are right that the correct spelling is -is and
> -es both in German and Danish.

Exactly, the spelling in German is (remember: h - not b - is the note below c)
-is for all sharps,
-es for flats, except as and es, and b instead of hes
-isis for all double sharps
-eses for all double flats, BUT: asas (or ases), eses, and heses (instead of
the bes, which you might expect)

See:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderssprachige_Tonbezeichnungen
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppel-b