Re: first-page-number set to negative number

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: Re: first-page-number set to negative number
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:40:45 -0700

Whoops - well, I guess I'm not sure!  Thank you Mats for setting me straight on that point.

I do remember trying this before, though, and wanting to get rid of the negative numbers, so that the page numbers will start on page number 1 (not -2 or whatever).  But I can't find how to do that.  I'm using oddHeader and evenHeader markup for the page numbers at this point.  It seems I should be able to turn page numbers off until a certain page...

Any hints?

Thanks...

On 1/22/08, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

Neil Thornock wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am aware that the first-page-number setting will only accept
> positive numbers.
Are you sure? The following works well
\paper{
  first-page-number = -2
}
and prints page number -1 on the second page, for example.

    /Mats

--
Neil Thornock, D.M.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Music