Re: first-page-number set to negative number

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: Re: first-page-number set to negative number
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:17:08 -0700

I don't find if very useful at all. Why would you want negative page numbers
on some pages?

Well, the purpose would be to have front matter as part of the same file - such as an instrumentation list and performance notes - but to start page numbering with the first page of the score, as is customary.  So I would like to be able to have a few pages before the first page of score, and then start the score on page 1, with the first page number appearing on page 2.  I much prefer to have it all as one file at the outset.

That way I can automate the process for each score more readily, with templates for title pages, instrumentations, notes, and page numbering.