Re: Showing instrument name and correct clef with cue notes

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Showing instrument name and correct clef with cue notes
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:48:29 +0100

Am Freitag, 15. Februar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:05:28 +0100
>
> Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > PS2: Is there anything that resets a property, that was changed by
> > \set ? Just like \revert undoes the last \override.
>
> Umm, \unset ?  Please see the GDP Learning Manual.  It's in there
> somewhere.

Hmm, you are right, the LM indicates that \unset reverts the previous \set.

However, I looked in the Notation Reference, and in section 6.1.3
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Changing-context-properties-on-the-fly#Changing-context-properties-on-the-fly)

there it says:
     There is also an \unset command,
     \unset context.prop
     which removes the definition of prop.

Also, a simple example shows that \unset really removes the value, not reset
it to the value before the previous \set. See the attached file. If \unset
undid the last \set, the third name would get the InstrumentSwitch
text "Original"...

So, the LM

Cheers,
Reinhold