Re: GDP: What term do you use?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: GDP: What term do you use?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:15:18 +0200

On 28/02/2008, Kurt Kroon wrote:
>  Finnish:
>     Risto, you out there? I don't think anyone else can handle Finnish ....

Present!

I've been following the conversation with interest but I haven't used
ottava brackets myself (I mostly write only vocal music *) so I don't
know if they have a name in Finnish. I asked a friend of mine about
this but I haven't yet got an answer. I'll  try to squeeze an answer
from him or at least find out if he's got any clue.

*) I have noticed that there is some sort of an "octavation" present
in vocal/choir music, too. If a female sings a note a male picking up
the same note usually sings it an octave lower and vice versa. :-)

-Risto