Re: GDP: NR 1.7 Editorial second draft

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.7 Editorial second draft
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:03:04 +0100

Graham Percival wrote> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:12:45 +0100
"Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

First, on a general note, some sections are missing @predefined.
Should it be included even if there's only one predefined command?

@predefined is only used for predefined macros -- ie the stuff
found in ly/propert-init.ly.  There aren't all that many of these,
so we'll have a lot of sections without one.

Hmm.  Trevor, what's the general term for these tweak-commands?
ie
doFoo = { \override #'blah = #'bar }

IIRC we discussed standardizing the name of these, and IIRC we
chose "macros".  If so, I'd better change @predefined to print
"Predefined macros" intead of "... commands".
I definitely think we should standardize on one term, and
@predefined should match what's in LM 4.

I'm pretty sure we chose the standard term "predefined commands" where we meant predefined commands with the meaning above. I'd have to dig out our mails on my old PC to check. If I find anything different I'll let you know. ("macros" is too computer-ese for many users)
I don't think we discussed standardising on "built-in commands" for
the alternative, but it might be a good idea.  Should we also list
these under that as a heading?  At the moment we've just
discarded them if we found them listed under Predefined commands.

Trevor