Re: question about lyrics changing via \set associatedVoice

From: Steven Butner
Subject: Re: question about lyrics changing via \set associatedVoice
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:52:19 -0700

Thank you, Karl.   That fixed my problem perfectly!

     Steven

Karl Hammar wrote:
Steven:
into the tenor voice. I've tried inserting the command \set associatedVoice = #"three" one syllable before the point where the voice association needs to change to tenor but what happens is simply that the lyrics stop happening altogether (at that point). My thinking
\score{ \context StaffGroup<<

\context Staff = "upper"
                        <<
                        \clef treble
                        \context Voice = "one" \upperOne
\context Voice = "two" \upperTwo >>

                \lyricsto "two" \new Lyrics {
                                        %% \set stanza = "1. "
\verse }

                \context Staff = "lower" <<

                                        \clef bass
                                        \context Voice = "one" \lowerOne
                                        \context Voice = "two" \lowerTwo

} ...

Where is the voice "three"?

Maybe you meant:

                \context Staff = "lower" <<

                                        \clef bass
                                        \context Voice = "three" \lowerOne
                                        \context Voice = "four" \lowerTwo

But then the problem is that the \lyricsto comes before the
 \context Voice = "tree".

To solve that problem use the technique from
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Vocal-ensembles#Vocal-ensembles
I.e. place a \new Lyrics = "vocals" { s1 } where you want to have the text, and move the lyricsto to the end.

Regards,
/Karl