GDP: indexing

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: GDP: indexing
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:29:53 -0400

Hi -

I think it would be helpful to have a better description of the indexes, what's being indexed, and what the indexes do/are.

Specifically:
  1. Are all the entries in the command index duplicated in the regular index?
  2. In the regular index, what's the significance of the colon? What is the text before the colon? After the colon?
  3. What's the significance of bold vs. normal font in the entries?
Are these clear to everyone (besides me, that is)? Would it be difficult to add descriptions?

Appendix E LilyPond command index

This index does blah blah blah.

Appendix F LilyPond index

In contrast, this index does blaz blaz blaz.

Peace,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer