Re: Regarding the new Table of Contents in the GUB docs

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Regarding the new Table of Contents in the GUB docs
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:44:07 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I haven't had the time to read all the discussions related to the new
> web layout of the 2.11 documentation, but wonder if I'm the only one who
> miss the possibility to view the full table of contents with all
> subsections expanded. I'm very used to search for some word in the table
> of contents, when I want to find the appropriate section in the manual,
> but this is no longer possible if I want to find the title
> of a level 3 section.

I also don't know if this has already been raised as an issue, but the
one aspect of the new docs I find very annoying (and in general, I like
the new HTML docs a lot) is that the index is separated into multiple
sections -- it's one area I like very much to be able to make full-text
searches of.

I don't want to have to load the manual(s) in one page, but I _would_
like to see the index as one big section.