Re: beam settings

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: beam settings
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:56:35 -0000

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote Monday, December 22, 2008 4:22 PM
Am Montag, 22. Dezember 2008 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
Reinhold's short example works here, but I see from your
attached jpg that you've incorporated it in some more
extensive code.

He sent me the whole file and the culprit is a PianoStaff, which seems to
somehow override the score's beamGrouping. So, one cannot use
     \set Score.beatGrouping = #'(1 1 1 1 1 1)
but rather has to use
     \set Staff.beatGrouping = #'(1 1 1 1 1 1)
Then the beaming also works fine for staves inside a PianoStaff.

Hmm.  Does that mean that context properties set at the Score
level are inherited by the Staff context only if there is no
interposed staff grouping?

(Copied to -devel for comment)

Trevor