Re: Long compilation times

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Long compilation times
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:17:54 +0100

Valentin Villenave a écrit :
I'm running a 64-bits distro on a Pentium i7 with 6GB of Ram. (I had
3GB, but my opera wouldn't compile at less than 4).

I have 4GB, and with a little swapping I can build it.

If it needs to swap things, that doesn't surprise me. I think RAM is the key.

It is for your opera, but not for Cameron's example, which LilyPond doesn't take more than 200 MB to compile. I've profiled the execution, but don't know what to conlude from this info; if anyone is interested in looking at it, it weighs 3 MB (161 KB LZMA compressed).

John