Re: problem with installing frescobaldi

From: Chris Snyder
Subject: Re: problem with installing frescobaldi
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:03:51 -0500

Till wrote:
> Wow, this looks great, I tried also to compile some time ago but was not
> willing to install all the compiling stuff for kde, since I have gnome. But
> some kde4 libraries I can afford. Did you include all the correct
> dependences? I will try it in the near future.
> Thanks
> Fun btw that lilypond is still considered to be "TeX"...

I did spend quite a bit of time to make sure the dependencies were
right. I haven't tested running Frescobaldi outside of KDE, but the
package does build in a clean environment (absolute base system install
- no Gnome, KDE, X, etc.) just fine, and pulls in the necessary
dependencies. If you do try it, please let me know how it goes.

I also find it amusing that LilyPond is still in the TeX section. I
briefly considered changing it in the builds in my PPA, but figured that
such a change would cause more problems than it was worth. I never
really pay attention to those categories anyways...

-Chris