Re: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:57:12 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 08:40:24AM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:
Does Sibelius support musicXML?  I'm wondering if it might be
faster in the long run to help Reinhold with musicXML2ly.

I asked my student with Sibelius to send me his counterpoint project as a musicXML file and he couldn't do it. He was new with Sibelius but when I poked around it for him I couldn't find a musicXML export option anywhere. :(

Your student fails the google test.  Third hit for "sibelius
musicxl":
http://www.sibelius.com/news/press130.html
(from 24 Oct 2007)

Granted, I don't know if you (or he) has sibelius 5.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham

Excellent! He just bought it about a week ago so I assume it's Sibelius 5. I'll help him get the musicXML export working.

I'm glad to report that one of my counterpoint students opted to try Lilypond instead of buying software. She's happily doing her projects with JEdit and Lilypond Tool. :)

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com