Re: adding to the LSR

From: Chip
Subject: Re: adding to the LSR
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:43:02 -0700

Neil Puttock wrote:
2009/4/26 Chip <address@hidden>:

Hmm, did run into an apparent error - after I click on the Save button I get
a pop-up box that says "No output from Lilypond", did I do something wrong?

Probably not. :)

It normally means your snippet is incompatible with the version of
LilyPond being run on LSR (2.10.12) or needs either `Standalone
snippet' or `Large snippet' ticked.  If you still can't get it
working, please post it here and I'll give it the once over.

Regards,
Neil
Thanks Neil,
I have tried with just plain text in the description and selected Standalone and again selected Large and again selected neither of those two options, I've tried with html and plain text, with and without a code sample in the description, choose a directory or no directory, just can't get it to go through.

Regards,
Chip

Below is what I am trying to add to the LSR -

Title: Adding the date to the tagline (footer)
Directory: blank
Tag 0: Text
Tag 1: Titles
Tag 2: Tweaks and Overrides
Text Type: Pure Unicode
There are a couple ways to get the current date in your score - using scheme and a header that suits you (as found in LSR "Titles Adding the current date to a score"), or placing the same scheme code in a <code>\markup</code> block.

One more option is to place the date in the footer, or as it is called in Lilypond - the tagline. This places the date at the very bottom of the page and appears like this -

Engraved on April 26, 2009 with Lilypond 2.12.2 (http://lilypond.org)

The format of the date can be changed according to these parameters:

%a
    is replaced by the locale's abbreviated weekday name.
%A
    is replaced by the locale's full weekday name.
%b
    is replaced by the locale's abbreviated month name.
%B
    is replaced by the locale's full month name.
%c
    is replaced by the locale's appropriate date and time representation.
%d
    is replaced by the day of the month as a decimal number [01,31].
%I
    is replaced by the hour (12-hour clock) as a decimal number [01,12].
%j
    is replaced by the day of the year as a decimal number [001,366].
%m
    is replaced by the month as a decimal number [01,12].
%M
    is replaced by the minute as a decimal number [00,59].
%p
    is replaced by the locale's equivalent of either a.m. or p.m.
%U
    is replaced by the week number of the year (Sunday as the first day of the week) as a decimal number [00,53].
%w
    is replaced by the weekday as a decimal number [0,6], with 0 representing Sunday.
%W
    is replaced by the week number of the year (Monday as the first day of the week) as a decimal number [00,53]. All days in a new year preceding the first Monday are considered to be in week 0.
%x
    is replaced by the locale's appropriate date representation.
%X
    is replaced by the locale's appropriate time representation.
%y
    is replaced by the year without century as a decimal number [00,99].
%Y
    is replaced by the year with century as a decimal number.
%Z
    is replaced by the timezone name or abbreviation, or by no bytes if no timezone information exists.
The Lilypond source code snippet (it must compile!): (btw, it does compile even without the version 2.12.2 number) -
\include "english.ly"

\header{
    title = "Title"
    composer = "Composer"
    arranger = "Arranger"
}
global = { \time 2/4
  \numericTimeSignature
}
\paper {
}

tagline = \markup {
      Engraved on
      \simple #(strftime "%x at %X" (localtime (current-time)))
      with \with-url #"http://lilypond.org/web/"
      { LilyPond \simple #(lilypond-version) (http://lilypond.org/) }
}

% ------ Trumpet------
trpt = \relative c'' {
a4 b c d
}
trumpet = {
  \global
  \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Trumpet"
  \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"Trpt"
  \clef treble
  \trpt
  }

% ------ Alto Sax------
alto = \relative c'' {
a4 b c d
}
altosax = {
  \global
  \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Alto Sax"
  \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"Alto"
  \clef treble
  \alto
}

% ------ Tenor Sax------
tenor = \relative c'' {
a4 b c d
}
tenorsax = {
  \global
  \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Tenor Sax"
  \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"Tenor"
  \clef treble
  \tenor
}

\book { \score {
    <<
         \new Staff = "trpt" \trumpet
             \new Staff = "alto" \altosax
             \new Staff = "tenor" \tenorsax

} }
\book { \score { << \new Staff = "trumpet" \with { \remove Instrument_name_engraver } \trumpet >> \header {piece="Trumpet"} \layout { indent = 0\mm} } }
\book { \score { << \new Staff = "altosax" \with { \remove Instrument_name_engraver } \altosax >> \header {piece="Alto Sax"} \layout { indent = 0\mm} } }
\book { \score { << \new Staff = "tenorsax" \with { \remove Instrument_name_engraver } \tenorsax >> \header {piece="Tenor Sax"} \layout { indent = 0\mm} } }
\layout { \context { \Score } }