Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:06:33 -0700

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 08:32, Kieren
MacMillan<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Kees,
>
>> these programs operate as you describe
>
> Okay, then they *do* use (essentially) the same method as Lilypond, not some
> "visually-oriented" method which "follows the key signature"...
>
> So is there *any* example of an application which tries to "follow the key
> signature" for someone?
> Not only do I know of no such program, I can't even imagine how it could be
> done (technically).

It has been SO long since I tried Sibelius (and that just for a short
time) that I honestly forgot how it worked.

Example of an application (Mac OS X only) that does follow the key
signature on mouse-click input: NoteAbility
<http://debussy.music.ubc.ca/NoteAbility/>

It was the last graphically oriented app I used, and so I guess had
modified my own memory concerning the "big guns" Finale and Sibelius.

David R