small blank space just after clef/time signs for example

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: small blank space just after clef/time signs for example
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 07:21:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I need to format some musical examples for my musicology book. The examples
are tiny ones, and it would be good to isolate them from the clef/key/time
(as well as tempo) environment.
So, I need to put a small blank space (blank blank, without the staff) just
after theclef/key/time symbols, just to give the Idea that the key/time
environment beginnes earlier, and this is just an excerpt.
I would like also to put some \tempo, and usually this is also set at the
beginning of the musical context, but I would need to be put directly above
clef/time.
I also would like to be given the possibility to put the blank space between
different examples from the same musical context, with the same function the
sign  " [...] "  have for written text.
Any idea???
Thanks!!!

Piero

-----
Piero Faustini

Main Software used:
- LyX 1.6.2 on WinXP sp3; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond 2.12 for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies