Re: Editing notes in a separate file

From: Roman Stawski
Subject: Re: Editing notes in a separate file
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:43:36 +0000 (UTC)

Michael J. O'Donnell <michael_odonnell <at> acm.org> writes:

> Thanks for pointing out \tag. I've already read up, and experimented
> with it. It doesn't solve the problem, because it requires that I
> anticipate every possible correction when entering the data from the MS.
> The only way to get useful coverage is to tag every note with a
> different tag, which is too complicated and invites other sorts of errors.

I had a similar problem some time ago and with the help of the good
folks here managed to define some techniques to get different types of score
from a single source. It's far from perfect, and I don't know if it applies to
your problem but it is available at

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=493

Good luck

Roman