Re: polymetric parts

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: polymetric parts
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:50:28 +0000

On 5 February 2010 00:12, Werner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks to you I now did find the right hints in the NR: "Staves with different
> time signatures, unequal bar lengths". But also if I add two lines from
> snippets
> „Printing music with different time signatures“
> \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
> and
> \consists "Time_signature_engraver"

You don't need this (the Time_signature_engraver is already in the
Staff context).  I'll amend the snippet since this is confusing.

> (and also with the lines
> \override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t
> \override SpacingSpanner #'strict-note-spacing = ##t
> proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 64)
> )

You probably don't need these either unless you're after proportional notation.

This \layout block should suffice:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Timing_translator"
    \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists "Timing_translator"
    \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

> I always get
>
>> lilypond test.ly
> GNU LilyPond 2.13.11
> »test.ly« wird verarbeitet
> Analysieren...
> Interpretation der Musik...

You'll get this warning if you haven't explicitly instantiated each stave:

\new Staff

> /usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:201:5: In
> procedure ly:book-process in expression (process-procedure book paper ...):
> /usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:201:5:
> Wrong
> type (expecting exact integer): ()
>
> So unfortunately I cannot solve the problem.

Please post you test file; it's difficult to diagnose what's wrong otherwise.

Regards,
Neil