Re: polymetric parts

From: Werner
Subject: Re: polymetric parts
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:12:30 +0000 (UTC)

> > I'll try to manage it overriding some time-Signatures and setting
> > some bars manually... That seems to be easier than the example (I
> > even don't understand).

That didn't work, because I got too much bar-lines. Lets say
d d | d | d | d d
d d | d | d | d d
instead of
d d  d | d  d d
d d | d d | d d

> It seems that you rather want to use the method described in the next
> example in the manual "Staves with different time signatures, unequal
> bar lengths", namely to tell LilyPond to administrate the time signature
> and bar length handling separately for each stave. Just copy the top 12
> lines from the example into your .ly file and your original code should
> work as you expected it to work.

I just looked bad in the docu. In the NR I didn't find it at all (don't ask
me why) and in the snippets „Changing time signatures inside a polymetric
section using \scaleDurations“ also was not the right. „Printing music with
different time signatures“ seems to fit better, but even this I didn't find...

Thanks to you I now did find the right hints in the NR: "Staves with different
time signatures, unequal bar lengths". But also if I add two lines from snippets
„Printing music with different time signatures“
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
and
\consists "Time_signature_engraver"

(and also with the lines
\override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t
\override SpacingSpanner #'strict-note-spacing = ##t
proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 64)
)
I always get

> lilypond test.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.13.11
»test.ly« wird verarbeitet
Analysieren...
Interpretation der Musik...
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:201:5: In
procedure ly:book-process in expression (process-procedure book paper ...):
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:201:5: Wrong
type (expecting exact integer): ()

So unfortunately I cannot solve the problem.

Werner