Re: wrong printing of lyrics slur?

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: wrong printing of lyrics slur?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:53:49 -0700

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Patrick McCarty wrote:
>>
>> In my Postscript output, I see
>> 29.0547 -13.3453 moveto /FreeSerif 4.33691406 output-scale div
>> selectfont
>> 2.3559 0.0000 0.0000 /uni203F
>> 1 print_glyphs
>>
>> which shows that, on my system, the serif font from GNU FreeFont is used.
>
> That seems wrong, if I remember well FreeSerif is not included in LilyPond,
> so a bad font is chosen here.

You're right that FreeSerif is not shipped with LilyPond.

But the fact that the Century Schoolbook font does not have a glyph
for U+203F means that Pango/Fontconfig will look for and select an
"appropriate" font with U+203F.

In my case, this font is FreeSerif, but a different font appears to
have been chosen on Francisco's system, since we are getting different
results.

-Patrick