Re: numbers as easy note head

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: numbers as easy note head
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:50:19 -0600

On 9/11/10 7:35 PM, "MING TSANG" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have trouble using two versions of lilypond, therefor i decided to use
> 2.13.32.
>
> I have additional help required:
>
> 1.. How can I increase the notehead size so that the number as easy note head
> are easily readable?  I use "#(set-global-staff-size 26", but the whole score
> is enlarged. I like just to en enlarge the voices staff (ie soprano, alto,
> tenor & bass) only and the piano staffs are normal size.

You will want to just override the properties of the StaffSymbol, and other
grobs for the vocal staff.

%%%% Here is some test code

#(define Ez_numbers_engraver
   (list
    (cons 'acknowledgers
          (list
           (cons 'note-head-interface
                 (lambda (engraver grob source-engraver)
                   (let* ((context (ly:translator-context engraver))
                          (tonic-pitch (ly:context-property context 'tonic))
                          (tonic-name (ly:pitch-notename tonic-pitch))
                          (grob-pitch
                           (ly:event-property (event-cause grob) 'pitch))
                          (grob-name (ly:pitch-notename grob-pitch))
                          (delta (modulo (- grob-name tonic-name) 7))
                          (note-names
                           (make-vector 7 (number->string (1+ delta)))))
                     (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'note-names
note-names))))))))

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists \Ez_numbers_engraver

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff {
      \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #1.5
      \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-thickness = #1.5
      \override Staff.NoteHead #'font-size = #+2.5
      \override Staff.Clef #'font-size = #+2.5
      \override Staff.TimeSignature #'font-size = #+2.5
      \override Staff.Accidental #'font-size = #+2.5
      \easyHeadsOn
      \override Voice.NoteHead #'font-size = #-2
      c''4 d'' e'' f'' |
      e''2 d''2 |
    }
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff {
        \clef treble
        c'4 d e f
      }
      \new Staff {
        \clef bass
        c4 d e f

%%%%% End of test code

You will find other things that need their size changed as you do more of
the music; you can find out about the properties to change in the Internals
Reference.

> 2.. How can I hide or eliminate the measure for the last bar of a system?
> This number is repeated at the next system anyway.

> 3.. How can I attach '\ff' and "\makup{Deciso}" to a pitch (note)?

c_\ff will put \ff below the note; c^\ff will put it above the note.

Similarly with \markup{Deciso}

HTH,

Carl