Re: Chords with unequal durations

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Chords with unequal durations
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:47:13 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Payne" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 11:30 AM

On 13/09/10 15:43, Mark Polesky wrote:
Jay Anderson wrote:

\new Staff \relative c'
{
   <\stop c \stop e g>2.
}

You can also just turn off the warnings:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Simultaneous-notes#Suppressing-warnings-for-clashing-note-columns

One problem with turning off the clashing note column warning is that if
differently headed notes are being merged, it causes the heads of merged
half notes to get filled in. Is this a bug?

\version "2.13.33"

treble = \relative c' {
    c8 c c c c c c c
}

bass = \relative c' {
    c2 \override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t c
}

\score {
    \context Staff = guitar {
        \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
        \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn
<<
            \context Voice = "1" { \voiceOne \treble }
            \context Voice = "2" { \voiceTwo \bass }

    }
    \layout { }
}

Nick

I would say so, given that it's not intended and obvious behaviour. I'll copy it to the bug newsgroup.

--
Phil Holmes