Re: Printing barnumber 1 (oh no, not again)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Printing barnumber 1 (oh no, not again)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:43:21 +0000

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 07:02:08AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> >> Why don't Horn players get a second date? (...)
> >
> > please, don't post such vulgar jokes here.  In my opinion it's a
> > shame for the project.

I agree.

> However, it's one of the best jokes I've ever heard recently, and it
> was unknown to me.  And honestly, I've heard *a lot* of such jokes
> during boring stage rehearsals.

Sure, but there's a time and place for everything.  Backstage,
talking to a group fellow musicians during intermission... or at a
party after a concert... sure, it's a great joke.  On an informal
list like devel-chat?  a bit more iffy, but still ok.  On a public
mailing list of a serious music engraving program?  No, not
appropriate.

- Graham