Re: How to print 2 rehearsal marks above and below same bar line

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: How to print 2 rehearsal marks above and below same bar line
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:28:28 -0000

And hello from me.

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>
To: "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:34 AM

Hello

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden on behalf of Mats Bengtsson
Sent: Tue 12/14/2010 9:01
To: address@hidden

Nick, Matts and James (et al)

On 30/11/2010 01:12, Nick Payne wrote:

On 30/11/10 10:53, James Bailey wrote:

Hello, I asked this exact same question almost exactly two years ago!
Here is the response I got from Mats. It worked for me, even if it was
a bit fiddly:

Two years later, I'm hopefully a bit wiser. How about the following
solution?

\score{
\relative c'{
 c d e f |
 << {  \mark "Above" }
    \new Voice \with
        {\consists Mark_engraver
         \override RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN
        } {\mark "Below" } >>
 g f e d
 | c1 }
}

  /Mats

---

Well this seems to work, but I do get a lot of warnings in the log file.

James

=======

I think that's because the mark engraver still exists in the score context and so recognises the voice engraver as a clash. The following is rather more wordy and may have any number of extra brackets in it, but works and compiles with no errors. Feel free to improve it:

\score {
 <<
   \new Staff {
     <<
         \new Voice \with
         { \consists Mark_engraver
         }
         { c''1 \mark "Above" c'' }

         \new Voice \with
         { \consists Mark_engraver
           \override RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN
         }
         { s1 \mark "Below" s }

   }

 \layout {