Re: ways of using Lilypond?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: ways of using Lilypond?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:36:14 -0000

I use ConTEXT (http://www.contexteditor.org/), a freeware
text editor for Windows, for all my text editing, including
LilyPond and LilyPond texinfo files. It has a wide range of highlighter files, including one for LilyPond. Only a highlighter for the 2.10 version of LilyPond is available, but this is easily edited and extended. I've set up function keys to save and compile the current file, to show the pdf and to play the midi file. The console output is conveniently captured and displayed in a separate pane. The main omission is folding. UTF8 support is minimal, but adequate for an English speaker like me.

Trevor