RE: instrumentName in StaffGroup

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: instrumentName in StaffGroup
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:17:12 +0000

Hello

-----Original Message-----
From: lilypond-user-bounces+address@hidden [mailto:lilypond-user-bounces+address@hidden On Behalf Of Jan-Peter Voigt
Sent: 14 January 2011 10:20
To: Federico Bruni; address@hidden

Hello Frederico,

I missed to reply to the list ...

I don't remember, if found this in the list archive, the LSR or the docs so I don't know is there is an explicit statement.

In your mentioned doc part, there's only the difference between GrandStaff and PianoStaff - the first does, the second does not consist the instrument name engraver.

Is here odc update needed? Or is this covered e.g. in the learning manual?

------

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/displaying-staves#index-staff-group

Scroll down you will see

'The PianoStaff is identical to a GrandStaff, except that it supports printing the instrument name directly. For details, see Instrument names. '

Is this what you needed?

James