Re: Overriding bar-line behaviour

From: Matthias Hüsken
Subject: Re: Overriding bar-line behaviour
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:33:02 +0100

Sorry for the noise on the mailing list - I knew it was some stupid mistake...
I tried to override the wrong value, it should have been

\override Score.BarLine #'break-glyph-function = #my-bar-line::calc-glyph-name

instead of

\override Staff.BarLine #'glyph-name = #my-bar-line::calc-glyph-name

Corrected file attached. Cheers,

Matthias

Am Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011 schrieb Matthias Hüsken:
> Hi again,
>
> while trying to change LilyPond's behaviour concerning bar lines, I
> stumbled upon some strange behaviour. What I'd like to achieve: When ending
> a bar with e repetition sign ":|", I need double lines ("||") at the
> beginning of the next bar.
>
> I found bar-glyph-alist in scm/output-lib.scm and decided to change it to
> the following lines (shortened for this example):
>
> #(define bar-glyph-alist
>   '(
>     ;; regular bar
>     ("|" . ("|" . ()))
>     ;; repetitions
>     ("|:" . ("|" . "|:"))
>     (":|" . (":|" . ()))
>     (":|:" . (":|" . "|:"))
>     ;; double lines
>     ("||" . ("||" . ()))
>     ;; double lines combined with repetitions
>     ("||:" . ("||" . "|:"))
>     (":||" . (":|" . "||"))
>     ))
>
> When setting music now, everything works as expected.
>
> As I consider changing LilyPond's default files as hacking, I decided to
> move the list into my .ly file (see attached file) and revert
> scm/output-lib.scm to its original state. Unfortunately, this does not
> work: LilyPond leaves the end of the line (where a repetition sign ":|"
> should be found) empty, as well as the beginning of the next line.
>
> Does anyone have any clues what's going wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthias

Matthias Hüsken          Phone: +49 202 439-3362
Fachbereich Mathematik   Fax:   +49 202 439-2912
Bergische Universität
Gaußstraße 20
D - 42097 Wuppertal
e-mail: address@hidden