Re: Position of slur between two notes in different chords

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Position of slur between two notes in different chords
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:27:30 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2011/6/26 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> However, i see a problem now: it would be difficult to difene what
>>> should happen if more than 1 slur is defined in a chord, for example
>>> <c ( d' ( > < f ) c') > which note should be slurred with which one?
>>
>> I'd use sequential, left to right.  It is a bit counterintuitive with
>> regard to the nested appearance, but I think it would be worse if you
>> had to invert the second chord.
>
> Sound good. I'm only wondering if there is any more obvious and
> unconfusing way. You know, so that the user would know what to expect
> just by looking at syntax.

Sure.

<c (@1 d' (@2 > < f)@1 c')@2 >

We already had this discussion about doing things in pseudo-voices that
are basically one-per-voice.  Spanners and other things.  One
application being multiple such things, another being cross-voice
constructs.

@something would apply to similar things as \tweak does, but postfix
feels a bit more natural.

Whatever the syntax, this should work for a number of things.

--
David Kastrup