RE: Changing to Gonville font

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Changing to Gonville font
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:59:22 +0000

Hello

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Christopher R. Maden
)Sent: 02 August 2011 15:47
)To: address@hidden
)
)On 08/02/2011 10:36 AM, James Lowe wrote:
)> So this is the reason we say 'move'.
)
)I agree... however, I think Albert has a good point about saying “rename”
)instead.
)
)The UNIX-y nerds (including those comfortable with Linux and MacOS
)command lines) will understand that the mv command is used to rename
)things.  Meanwhile, the GUI users will understand “rename” better than
)“move.”

Well without belabouring the point - and not trying to be deliberately obtuse -
you cannot use the Mac GUI (Finder) to do this - at least not easily in 10.6.
You have to use the Terminal.app. So the document is technically correct.

We try to be as literal as we can in the doc because it leaves little room (or
should) for ambiguity.

I'm happy to change this but I'll get a final say from our Doc Meister who
hopefully will see this.

James