Re: accidental style - cancel note within chord

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: accidental style - cancel note within chord
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:15:25 -0800

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:33:26 -0800, Neil Thornock <address@hidden> wrote:

How do I submit an enhancement request?  To "bugs"?

Yes, with the shortest LilyPond example that makes the point clear, and a
description of the desired output.  Maybe

\version "2.14"
{ #(set-accidental-style 'modern)
 gis'' << gis'' \\ g' >> }
%
% In the second beat, the gis'' should be printed with a sharp sign
% and the g' should (continue to) be printed with a natural sign.
%
% In general, if the chosen accidental-style would print an accidental sign
% with a note either (1) if there were no other simultaneous notes, or
% (2) if the simultaneous notes were instead just before the note in question,
% then we want that accidental to be printed.

but I don't know if that expresses the important point.  I don't have much
exposure to modern music.