Re: lilypond-book - vertical space and font questions

From: Svetlana
Subject: Re: lilypond-book - vertical space and font questions
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 23:25:34 +0400

Hi, David!

21.03.2012, 14:17, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>:

> Not enough documentation reading, I guess.  Check out
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/usage/latex> for
> description and applications of the \betweenLilyPondSystem macro.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Well, it's always not enough ))). Thank you and James for showing the right
places. My expierence with lilypond is half a year and with latex - 3 days. Now
I've tried \def\betweenLilyPondSystem#1{\vspace{10mm}\linebreak}, but this
gives a huge gap between section title and the first system. I'm not skilled
enough to find the reason... Also it wouldn't behave well if I have one score
with different system count on each page. So, if any good working examples
exist on this matter, I'd be glad to see them.

It's a pity that even if I move out of the paper{} block and use manual spaces
like
\overrideProperty #"Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
#'line-break-system-details #'((Y-offset . 40)
(alignment-distances . (40)))
inside my score, this also doesn't work in lilypond-book.

For now, I've found a workaround - I can use \includepdf in TeX at least for
pages where I don't need any text except title. Thus, all the lilypond
flexbility in making good vertical spaces (both manual and automatic) will be
accessible. For other pages, where text and scores are combined, I'll use
lilypond-book and try to understand TeX macroses better to achieve the perfect
result that I wanted.