Re: advanced (?) instrumentname setting

From: James
Subject: Re: advanced (?) instrumentname setting
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:40:38 +0100

Gagi,

On 15 April 2012 12:15, Gagi Petrovic <address@hidden> wrote:
> oops, misclicked on "send". Sorry.
>
> I'm looking for something like this, where the "-------" are the three lines
> of my percussive staff:
>
> e.  ------------
> m. ------------
> c.  ------------
>
> This is quite common in percussive notation, that's why I find it odd I
> can't seem to find a way of doing this. Should be very simple, I'd think.

Unless I am mistaking what you are trying to do, the best approach
would be possibly to use a staff group, such that each '-----' in your
example is a system of music and then you can add an instrument name
(as you would normally) for each instance.

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/writing-parts#instrument-names

I don't use 'drumstaff' personally but I guess that your example would
just be three of those each with their own instrument name all held
together in a 'staff group'.

Does that make sense?

James