Re: Text font sizes

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Text font sizes
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:28:02 +0200

On 17/09/2012 13:11, Urs Liska wrote:
> Am 17.09.2012 12:59, schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
>> It does not use an absolute font size. The size is relative to the staff
>> size.
> Thanks for this information.
> Of course I realize that it is relative to the staff size. But in the
> end Lily _has_ to print text at a specific font size, isn't it?
> So there's no way to determine the actually used font sizes?
>
> This means if I want identical text elements from other programs I do
> have to find out by trial and error ...

One can certainly deduce the font size from the staff size and the
font-size of the markup, but I have no idea how exactly.

One other way to make sure the headers/footers are to your liking is to
adjust the header/footer markups to use \abs-fontsize instead of the
\large etc. This has the advantage that a change to the staff size does
not change the headers/footers.
The disadvantage is that you need to copy all header/footer markup
fields (i.e. the (even|odd)(Header|Footer)Markup variable) in the
\header block to your (include) files and adjust them.

>>> so they don't interfere with LateX's page margins (or is there an
>>> option to pdfpages that I didn't find so far and that allows to print
>>> headers and footers _on top_ of the included pages?).
>> - I'd have to find the solution to crop and place the LIlyPond pages
>> The following Q&A solves that issue:
>>
>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/50388/attached-external-pdf-file-is-not-showing-page-number
>>

> Thanks for these hints (sorry, this is still quite confusing for me,
> so I may ask unnecessary questions every now and then). I think this
> will be enough to get me going.

Basically, it says that pdfpages DOES print the latex header/footer on
top of the included pdf pages. The reason why you don't see any
headers/footers is that pdfpages explicitly sets the page style to empty
(i.e. no header/footers) for the included pages. So to get the latex
headers/footers, you have to restore the default page style for each
included page (using the pagecommand option).

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886