Re: Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:45:44 +0100

2012/11/5 Tim Roberts <address@hidden>:
> I'm transcribing a piece that has a dashed bar line in the middle of a bar,
> in only one staff in a system.  The dashed line is marking a change of
> phrase.  Is there an easy way to do that?  I think I know how to do it by
> subverting the bar line process, making two short measures and suppressing
> the line in the other staves, but that seems immoral.  There must be a way
> to do a single line as a markup, but how do I place it properly on the
> staff?
>
> --
> Tim Roberts, address@hidden
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Hi Tim,

if I understand correctly you mean the behaviour at mark "B" in the
code below (not that at mark "A").

\version "2.16.0"

musI = \relative c' {
        c1
        \mark \default
        \bar "dashed"
        e2
        \mark \default
        \once \override Staff.BarLine #'glyph-name = #"dashed"
        \bar ""
        f1

musII = \relative c' {
        c1

\new StaffGroup <<
  \new Staff \musI
  \new Staff \musII

2012/11/5 Noeck <address@hidden>:

> \bar "dashed"
>
> (At least up to the last stable version 2.16.0. In future that will be
> \bar "!", if I understood it correctly).

Yep.

Regards,
  Harm