Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Dashed Pseudo-Bar Line
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 11:40:48 -0800

I'm transcribing a piece that has a dashed bar line in the middle of a bar, in only one staff in a system.  The dashed line is marking a change of phrase.  Is there an easy way to do that?  I think I know how to do it by subverting the bar line process, making two short measures and suppressing the line in the other staves, but that seems immoral.  There must be a way to do a single line as a markup, but how do I place it properly on the staff?
--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.