Re: installing 2.16 and keeping 2.14?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: installing 2.16 and keeping 2.14?
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 18:03:41 -0000

Hmm.  I don't believe the current install creates an association that allows you to double click to run Lilypond.  I think you either must have done this years ago, or a very old install did it, and associated .ly files with something like c:\Program Files\lilypond\usr\bin\lilypond.exe.

If you want 2.16 to be the default, rename your old lilypond directory to something like lilypond214 and install 2.16.  Then if you want to use 2.14, right click the .ly file, choose "Open with" and browse to the old version of lily.

Or, as Thomas says, use the command line and set your path statement to point to your lilypond .exe of choice.

--
Phil Holmes