Re: giving MetronomeMarks the space they need

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: giving MetronomeMarks the space they need
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:30:26 -0500

Hi Keith,

Um… why? In what universe would that be a good thing????

By putting this into "real music", I see why the default is a good thing… This override is ONLY useful when the music it precedes is a multi-measure rest — with notes, it wreaks havoc with the spacing. For example, here's the opening bar of my cello part with this override in place:

So I still have to add the override manually (tagged to those moments which have MMRs and not notes), rather than making it a global override. It is a little helpful (thanks again), but it's definitely not the fix I was hoping for.

I'm still hoping someone can fix this once and for all, relatively easily.

Best,
Kieren.