Re: lilypond-book

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:18:40 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

If I type "which lilypond" in my terminal "/bin/lilypond" is returned.

And I can type any of:
lilypond -v
/bin/lilypond -v
/usr/bin/lilypond -v

with the same normal result

But strange things start to happen only when I try to compile a lilypond input file.

OK: lilypond foo.ly
OK: /usr/bin/lilypond foo.ly
ERROR: /bin/lilypond foo.ly

Only the last command fails:

        ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path

I managed to get lilypond-book working with an ugly work-around.
But it does illustrate what is going wrong.

When I run lilypond using "lilypond" or "/usr/bin/lilypond" the lilypond files are searched under /usr/share/lilypond/

But when I use "/bin/lilypond" (which is what lilypond-book does on my Fedora system) it tries to search under /share/lilypond - and this does not exist.

I did "sudo mkdir /share" and "ln -s /usr/share/lilypond /share/lilypond" and now everything, including lilypond-book works as expected.

I am glad this works, but does anyone know how to fix this properly ?

--

MT