Re: Functional analysis symbols

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Functional analysis symbols
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:15:51 -0600

Hi Urs,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:07:42 -0500
Francois Planiol <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had send a post about it.
> I would like also a solution.
Thanks for your interest and the links in your later email.
I will look into these threads.

Probably it's the way to go providing markup functions to be used in Lyrics contexts.
I will look into this as soon as I have time. I don't have time, but as I need this functionality I will have to take that time.
Maybe I'll come back to you to share some thoughts (if not for the implementation than at least for the task description).

I've been working on and off on something to create markups for functional analysis.  It's geared to the system of Roman numeral analysis, unfortunately, but maybe it can provide some insight into typesetting the Riemann symbols.  I wish, though, that this routine could be integrated fully with LilyPond's figured bass capabilities (so that you could, for example, show the voice-leading at the cadence in your example).

Here's the link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg69861/rN.ly

HTH,
David