Re: Frescobaldi install (was: final score)

From: flup2
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi install (was: final score)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 23:39:11 -0800 (PST)

Mac installation is long, but it doesn't make so much problem now.

The .app mentionned was only a test for including the dependencies in the
app, not meant to be usable in production.

But as soon as the macports installation is done (between 1 and 4 hours
depending the computer age), anyone can create an .app bundle (I posted the
way to do it) that only includes a launch script.

Anyway, Frescobaldi still has some problems (due to QT on mac, not from
Frescobaldi itself). But for me, a solution like TextWrangler + Preview (or
TeXShop, etc.) looses the main advantage of Frescobaldi (and JEdit): point
and click (point and click from Preview or TeXShop launchs the
LilyPond-included editor).

I plan to try making a macport Portfile, allowing to install Frescobaldi, a
script launcher and its dependencies using only 1 command

Philippe