Re: \relative is not the best way of entering complicated music

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: \relative is not the best way of entering complicated music
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:39:09 +0000

On 10/03/13 03:47, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
> 'd rather enter in the pitches like they are on a piano starting with c1
> being low c and c8 being very high c all the way to the right of the
> keyboard.

I assume you're a pianist? I'm not. So a piano-centric naming scheme
would be of no use to me at all.

EVERYBODY understands middle C. EVERYBODY understands the concept of
"up" and "down" with respect to pitch.

Oh - and by the way, the 88-key piano is (a) a very young instrument,
and (b) not a particularly good example of a reference keyboard. There
are plenty of keyboards with different numbers of keys.

Cheers,
Wol